Friday, September 25, 2015

My Autumn Wishlist


 It is finally here! Even though the weather has been indecisive, there is a feeling of change in the air. All year long, I wait patiently for Fall.  I enjoy every walk in the brisk weather; every snuggle. I love every park date with my girls, watching them play as the leaves around us change to beautiful shades mimicking the sunset. There is something magical this time of year.

As I hopped on blogger this morning, I was inspired by a fellow blogger to put together an Autumn wishlist. So let's jump right into it:)

1. Host a soup social
I would love to head up a soup social at our church.  I am very introverted all year long, but something about Autumn makes me want to be around people. I would love to have all the gals from our church bring their favorite Fall soup and recipe for all of us to share.  I think it would be a fun way for all of to socialize. Afterwards, instead of us all having soup for a week to take home, I would like to donate the soup to a homeless shelter.

2. Volunteer
I would like to volunteer my time at a local shelter this Thanksgiving. Even though I am introverted, I have a huge heart for people.  I always try to help someone I see in need. I would like to expose my eldest daughter to volunteering as well.  She has been in the complaining mode lately, not realizing how blessed she is.  I want her to see a glimpse into a life she doesn't have, a life of being homeless. I want to show her how good it feels to help someone else besides ourselves. She doesn't know it, but there was a time when she was a baby, we found ourselves without a home. I wouldn't be where I am today with out the helping hand of others. I want to be that helping hand to someone else in need.   Out of everything this Fall, this is what I am looking forward to the most.

3. Fall Fashion
I have plenty of clothes. I would like 3 pieces to add to my fall attire.  A pair of ankle boots that I can dress up or be casual in, a cute flannel shirt and a set of stackable rings. All things that would last me through Fall and as well as Winter. Other than adding to my collection,  I am going to going through my closet as well as my daughter's closet so we can donate anything that is in great condition but we no longer wear.

4. Fall Candles
I love, love, love candles,  Ever since high school, my close friends knew if they were going to buy me something, they could never go wrong with a candle. I would like to purchase a few Fall scents to add to my Autumn madness.

5. Watch the Wizard of Oz on repeat
I have no idea why, but I love watching the Wizard of Oz in Fall.  Something about the music transports me back to when I was a kid.  I have introduced my girls to the movie, and I think they love it as much as I do:)

6.Sketch
I have made time over the months to read and write, but have yet to make time to sketch.  I am pretty artistic and need to stay in touch with my artistic side, so I am hoping to to find time to sketch.

7. Finding time
There isn't enough time in a day.  I am hoping this Fall to make the most of my days and do as much as possible with my girls and hubby.  As well as find time to check off the few items on this wishlist:)

Until my next post!! -Random Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment