Monday, August 10, 2015

Autumn

My all time favorite season is Autumn ( and it's almost here! EEK!! ← my squeal of excitement!!:) I love everything about it. The gray skies, the different fiery yet golden colors of leaves.  The wonderful chill that makes me smile underneath a beautiful scarf.  I love Autumn.  I am so ready for the heat and misery of Summer to be over.  As I was on a hunt to find a poem of my love for the beauty in Autumn and my utter hate for Summer, I came to find most people are not very fond of Autumn and LOVE Summer to the fullest (blah). Well,  I found a short poem I felt that showed some love to my favorite season. In the meantime, I might need to write my own poem to portray my fondness of Autumn. ~Random Thoughts

Something Beautiful

Watching the last of these days disappear
feeling the air get colder
seeing the world get darker.
Memories of lying on the grass
of the sun warming my closed eyes.

Now, the warmth is gone
the sunshine is gone
the world has turned into something new
something colder, something darker
something different,

something Beautiful.

© H. Sokolova




No comments:

Post a Comment