Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The little things


Three times over the last week, I found myself appreciating a few different moments.  I think I might continue sharing moments like this maybe once a month or so.  I feel it's so important to appreciate the little things that make big impacts.

Moment #1: Writing Poolside
If you read my last post, you know by now I hate the sun.  But just because I hate it, doesn't mean I cant let my kids enjoy it.  So I decided to make the best of the heat and take my eldest to the pool. My littlest is beyond fair and I do not feel comfortable leaving her in the sun for such long hours so  she visited her grandma.  I took advantage of the moment and went for a dip to cool off as well as  splash and play with my daughter.  I got out to let her enjoy the water with her friends while I sat in  the shade and had a chance to write. OMG. I think it was the first time this season I appreciated the Summer.  Being a mom its hard to find a moment to write, so watching my daughter have fun and  having a moment to write felt amazing.

Moment #2: A Simple Thank You 
My god daughter is 7.  I do not get to pick her up as often as I would like, so when I have a day I am able to, I jump on the opportunity.  After asking her mother for permission, I told my god daughter I was going to be picking her up the following day for a picnic and some fun. Her words blew me away. She first jumped up and down with excitement and then said "thank you for spending time with me." I melted! Where did this 7 year old come from?! She blew me away with her response. 

Moment # 3 : A Huge Hug
 My youngest is becoming a big time mommies girl.  She cries anytime she thinks I am leaving and she isn't coming along.  She is too cute to ever become upset with.  Plus, how could I ever be upset that she want to spend time with her mommy? One day, she seen me head for the door and I heard her cry.  My eldest daughter tried to distract her with a cartoon she was putting on in the other room (older sisters rock!), while I finished what I had to outside.  A total of maybe 2 minutes had passed since my youngest seen me leave.  I head back inside.  My youngest heard the door and ran to see if it was me.  When she seen me, she hugged me like she hadn't seen me for days, gave me a huge smile and went right back with her sister to finish her cartoon. Her simple love filled hug touched my soul. 

I hope you enjoyed the few moments I have shared.  Don't forget to enjoy the little things in you life as well:) ~Random Thoughts




No comments:

Post a Comment