Thursday, September 10, 2015

Staying cool in this heat

So sorry for not posting for the last week and half or so.  I have been slammed with cake orders as well as trying to stay on top of my busy schedule. As I mentioned in my bio, I home school my kiddos. Here in the bay area, we are experiencing a little bit of a heat wave. So yesterday I decided we were going to start school off with p.e. and do some swimming.  Being at the pool and constantly staying wet made me almost forget about the sun and how hot it really was.  Although, I was quickly reminded when I took a look in the mirror and seen how dark I got. But a small price to pay to keep the kids active and happy in the heat.  After school, the heat help push me and the hubby to go on an impromptu date to our favorite sushi spot.  Because there was no way I was going to cook in front of the stove or dare turn the oven on.  We have zero air conditioning in our apartment, so it was just obvious a date was in order. So Mr. Sun, as much as I cant stand you, I have to say thank you.  Thank you for making me start a school day at the pool (which was freaking awesome) and for encouraging a mid week date for the hubby and I.
How have you guys been handling the heat and staying cool? Are you just as ready for Autumn as I am? -Random Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment