Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Planner Update: Making it Pretty

Okay guys. I mentioned how I have always loved planners.  I recently had to move out of my mini binder into a leather planner because the mini binders aren't as durable as I would like them to be. As I moved all of my dividers and inserts into my new planner (which is a deep purple beauty), my dividers looked so cheesy to me. So I decided to make my own.  I purchased a pad of pretty paper from Michael's (which was normally $20, but was on sale for $5-total steal!!) and went to work.  I traced my current dividers on to the pretty paper, cut, laminated and hole punched and ta-da! I have pretty dividers!! I of course had to add little embellishments here and there to make it a touch more customized.  I added pictures of my kiddos, and some cute phrases that came in the large paper pad from Michael's.  I haven't ever been a fan of washi tape. I don't know why, but I just am not a fan.  So I found one that was soft enough to compliment my dividers without standing out to much. So here is some pictures of my planner and all of it's new prettiness (is prettiness even a word?? Not sure, but is seems to work:) So here are the photos, enjoy!!

Side note: This is a planner I picked up in my local Office Max (on sale of course). I made all my own inserts so my planner is fully utilized.  I use all sections of my planner daily:)

My pretty dividers. I'm in love!!

My Deep Purple Beauty!

What I see when I open my planner.  This my 1st divider which is used for my daily tasks

I blocked out some information due to privacy. But this is behind my 1st divider. Random notes to to the left and quick at a glance 2015 calendar with important dates listed below
My "Day Runner". I made this to fit my daily schedule.  I do not use a monthly calendar.  My monthly calendar is updated almost daily and is shared. so my monthly calendar is maintained on my phone (which works great for all those pesky yet necessary reminders). Everything is self explanatory. The cloud is my quote of the day area (I write a quote daily). My heart is my ever changing heart. There are no rules to what can go here (I know, I'm such a rebel, haha). It can be a super important memo or something random like "excited for a mother daughter shopping date" for example. I look forward in writing in my ever changing heart daily:)

My "Today" marker so I can quickly get to the page I am on. forgot to take a picture of the back, but I have a photo of my girls together on the backside of this marker

I cant get this to rotate for the life of me. But this is my 2nd divider.  This is my work divider. This whole section comes in handy when I am taking phone calls or if I am in a consultation with a customer. My girls are my inspiration to pursue my dream and provide them with the life they deserve, so it just make sense to have their beautiful faces grace this divider:)

Directly behind my 2nd divider. Can't be a proper business owner with out business cards to pass out and self promote

My cheat sheet when I need to give out cake prices. Prices have been covered

A list of my cake and cupcake flavors. Again super handy for customers to quickly glance at for flavor ideas

3rd divider.  Yes I have a Vampire Diaries obsession.  You might know this from a previous posts. I find both Damon and Stefan's love for Elena just beautiful 

Behind my 3rd divider. A quote I am in love with and feel describes myself. I created this tab to write down journal ideas, blog ideas and writing ideas. I have a horrible memory and if I don't write my thoughts down I will forget.  I fogged out my writing for privacy, but on this insert I have a feather pen and an inkwell to spruce up the page

4th divider. This is my reading and book club divider

Again, I mentioned I joined a book club (which I think every reader should really do). On these inserts, I write down all my notes to bring with me to book club.  I also have an on going list of books I have read for this year.  Trying to see how many books I can read in 365 days

5th and final divider. This divider is for my stationary and lined paper

Stationary with a quote that I love

Lined paper. Comes in handy

And last but not least, a planner charm I made! Picture is of me and my hubby

Hope you enjoyed this post!! Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment