Monday, November 7, 2016

Top Favorite Movie Quotes


I am a movie addict. Always have been, always will be.  I am not ashamed to say I enjoy watching movies. I also seem to of became a show addict as well (due to netflix mostly) but that's for a different day.  A lot of people associate watching movies and watching t.v. in general with laziness.  If that is the case, I am truly a lazy person. Unless I am doing the treadmill and watching a movie/show.  Then I am an active lazy person......Anywho!  So I was browsing online and came across a meme with a movie line that I recognized.  And I totally got an idea! I decided I am going to share with you my top favorite movie lines. I don't know if it's common or not for people to memorize lines from movies or not, but it is one of my husband and I's silly quirks.  We say random movie lines to each other that fit into which ever conversation we are having (it's so awesome to be married to a silly, lazy, movie watching, line memorizing individual such as yourself!) There are so many great movies out there, but these were literally the first that came to mind.  Some of them are Disney movies (don't judge me! lol)  Do you have any favorite movies? Do you memorize any lines from movies ( I really hope you do..I don't want to feel like a weirdo!) lol

Here we go!!!(<-- just realized that line is in Peter Pan...and probably a butt-load of movies..haha):

1." I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite." -Elf

2. "I'm singing! I'm in a store and singiiiing! I'm in a store and I'm siiingiiing!" -Elf

3." Santa!! Oh, my God! Santa, here? I know him! I know him!"-Elf

4. Dorothy Gale: "How do you talk if you don't have a brain?"
The Scarecrow: "Well, some people without brains do an awful lot of talking don' they?" -The Wizard of Oz

5. "Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow.
Why, oh, why can't I?"

-The Wizard of Oz

6. " You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself." -The Wizard of Oz

7. Danielle: "A bird may love a fish, Seniore, but where would they live?"
Leonardo Da Vinci: "Then I shall have to make you wings!" -Ever After

8."You have more conviction in a single memory than I have in my entire being." -Ever After

9. "I would rather die a thousand deaths than to see my Mother's dress on that spoiled selfish cow!!"       -Ever After

10. "Why is the rum gone?" -Pirates of the Caribbean

11. "The moon light shows us for what we really are." -Pirates of the Caribbean

12. "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Pirates of the Caribbean

13. "There's nothing like a first kiss.." -50 First Dates

14. "Can I have one last first kiss?" -50 First Dates

15. "Nothing was ever accomplished with tears." -Alice in Wonderland

16. "But did you die?" -The Hangover 2

17. "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."-Mulan

18. "A dream is a wish your heart makes when your fast asleep." -Cinderella

19. "You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting." -Hook/Peter Pan

20. "When the first baby laughed for the first time, it's laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and the all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -Hook/Peter Pan

21. "To live would be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan

22. Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
     Fezzik: Fuss, fuss… I think he like to scream at us.
     Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm.
     Fezzik: He’s really very short on charm.
     Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
     Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
     Vizzini: Enough of that.
     Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
     Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
    Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
    Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
    -The Princess Bride

23. Vizzini: He didn’t fall?! Inconceivable!
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
-The Princess Bride

24. "As you wish."-The Princess Bride

Okay. Those were the top ones that I knew I had to share...I know there are so many others, but let's face it.  This post got super long, especially because I quoted a song and a few scenes.  But over all I hope you enjoyed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment